Successful Swedish athlete, Anja was born in Tärnaby, hometown of Ingemar Stenmark, considered the greatest skier of all times.
She debuted in the World Cup on March 15th 1998.
She also got herself noticed at junior level, by winning 4 times the world title: twice in the Giant Slalom and twice in the Special Slalom between 1998 and 2000 (besides two other bronze medals)
She participated in the Olympic Games in Salt Lake City in 2002, winning 1 silver (Giant) and 1 bronze (Special). Stadard bearer for Sweden in the opening ceremony of the Turin Olympic Games in 2006, there she won a gold medal in the Special Slalom and two bornze ones in the Downhill and Combined.
In 2007, during Are's World Cup (Sweden), she reached an unsurpassed goal: she won the gold medal in all the disciplines.
In 2008/09 World Cup she won the Combined.
She participates again in the 2009/10 edition, ranking 3rd overall and 2nd in the super combined ranking. She also flew to Vancouver for the Olympic Games and won a bronze medal in the Super Combined, even if injured.
- 1 silver medal (Giant Slalom in 2002).
- 4 bronze medals (Special Slalom in 2002, Downhill and Combined in 2006, SuperCombined in 2010).
- 1 gold medal (Special Slalom in 2006).
- 1 gold medal (Special Slalom in 2001).
- 1 bronze medal (Giant Slalom in 2001).
- 1 gold medal (Giant Slalom in 2003).
- 2 gold medals (Super Giant and Giant Slalom in 2005).
- 1 silver medal (Combined in 2005).
- 3 gold medals (Downhill, SuperGiant and SuperCombined in 2007) .
- 1 silver medal (team competition in 2007).
- 1 bronze medal (Special Slalom in 2007).
Juniores World Championship
- 4 gold medals
- 2 bronze medals
- Winner of the overall ranking in 2003/04 and 2004/05
- Winner of the Giant Slalom World Cup in 2002/03, 03/04 and 05/06
- Winner of the Special Slalom World Cup in 2003/04
- Winner of the Combined World Cup in 2008/09