In 1998 he wins the silver medal in the special slalom at the world junior championship in Chamonix. He starts his career at the World Cup on December 21st 1999 in the special slalom event in Kranjska Gora and gains for the first time a position on the podium on January 23rd, 2000 in the slalom race in Kitzbühel (first position). Moreover he can boast a third position in the special slalom general ranking at the end of the season 2000/2001.
- 1 gold medal (Special Slalom in 2001).
- 1 silver medal (Combined in 2001).
- 1 gold medal (Special Slalom in 2007).
- 1 gold medal (team competition in 2007).
Juniores World Championship
- 1 silver medal (Special Slalom in 1998).
- Best placement in the overall ranking: 5° in 2007.
- 30 podiums
- 12 victories
- 8 second places
- 10 third places