Good specialist in the technical disciplines, and in particular in the Special Slalom, he's also able to get fairly good results in the Combined.
In 1996 he participated in the Juniores World Championship and won the gold medal in the Giant Slalom and the silver one in the Special Slalom events. In the same year the debuted in the Alpine ski World Cup, competing though only in one event.
He started steadily competing in the World Cup starting from season 1998/99, obtaining his first victory in 2000. During season 2003/04 he won the Special Slalom World Cup.
In 2005 he won the silver medal in the World Cup Special Slalom specialty, while in 2006 Turin Olympic Games he gained the bronze medal in the Combined and Special Slalom.
Winter Olympic Games
- 2 bronze medals (Combined and Special Slalom in 2006)
- 2 silver medals (Special Slalom and team competition in 2005)
Juniores World Championship
- 1 gold medal (Giant Slalom in 1996)
- 1 silver medal (Special Slalom in 1996)
- 1 World Cup in Special Slalom (2004)
- Best placement in the overall ranking: 10° in 2004
- 22 podiums
- 5 victories
- 9 second places
- 8 third places